I'm quite proud of myself! My very first patchwork quilt, ever! And quite possibly my last. :) I've made several quilts before but this was my very first attempt at a patchwork quilt. And I must say, it was quite a bit of work! Okay, well I sort of cheated a little...I bought a pre-quilted white batted material to sew the patterns onto. Which means, no quilting necessary!
BUT, I did measure and cut the squares by hand, as well as measure and cut the green fabric to sew together the trim. And, of course, googled some tips as to how to sew the patchwork together. (I live by google...)
So, anyway, my bragging moment! Yea! Now I can at least say that I've done it!


4 comments:
You did such a great job! I love to make quilts for my kiddos. Well I should say tie quilts, I have only ever "quilted" 2. Two years ago I started crocheting, and I have made a couple blankets that way. I feel like such a good Mom for making them things like that. Not that it really makes a difference!!
Our ward has a very popular quilting group. I haven't yet gone, but I do have stuff to make a quilt. I just haven't been brave enough to do anything but wash the fabric.
Yes! Quilts are quite a bit of work! The fabric I bought sort of sat around for a good 3 weeks or so 'till I got sick of seeing cut up squares of pooh fabric & decided to get on it! It was fun, though. I'm not too into crochet, these days, Gini...but did you know I crochet'd a pot holder and beanie in 4th grade? Hee hee But nothing since then. :)
Good job on the quilt! On Sat I went to our ward quilting service project with every intention of tying my little fingers off (I even dug up a thimble), however when I got there they had finished early and just had massive amounts of food leftover. So, I ended up just eating and socializing, which wasn't bad, but I would love to get into quilting more.
Post a Comment