Ok, ok...it's not like I have something against dentists in any way, but this was Kela and Anna's very first trip to the dentist. Ever.
I was so dreading this appointment because I had planned to get at least Anna down for her nap beforehand so she would be well rested and happy...but no such luck. Wouldn't you know it, that the one day I want her to sleep-she's wide awake! Oh well...also, Mitch was supposed to come with me, but work went longer than expected so he only came in the last 10 minutes or so-just in time to see Anna take the seat.
Anyway, despite their tiredness, for their very first cleaning they did pretty well! Kela didn't cry, or get too scared. She didn't care for the sucker thingy and really didn't like the flouride treatment, but was so brave throughout it all & held the sucker thing all by herself. Even Anna didn't cry or fuss until the very end with the flouride treatment. Both of them didn't care for the sucker thing (whatever it's called...I don't like it either, so can't blame them!) Mommy was so proud. And yea! No cavities!
That "happy pic" of Anna was before they did anything...the one on the left was right before the flouride treatment. Can you tell the difference? Still, though...she did very well for her very first dental cleaning.
Right afterwards...Kela tripped and hit her head on those bars right behind them, so she wasn't too happy. And Anna didn't make it past the parking lot-she was sooo tired!
A successful trip, I must say!

5 comments:
The dentist can be so scary, but for some reason my kids love it. Maybe because I worked as a dental assistant before I had Bennett, and my kids love to hear stories about Bennett kicking people as I flossed their teeth! They can't wait for their dental appointments. Wierd, I know.
I love Anna's "happy pic" she looks so sweet. They all look so tired in the last pic. Nap time for everyone? Congrats on no cavities!! YEAH, that is always good news.
I'd say your girls did great! Way better than me. I definitely cry and fuss when I have to go to the dentist. It's been a year and a half since by last cleaning, but I figure it would be too much of a blood bath right now. I went once when I was pregnant with Lucy and my teeth were so dirty they only cleaned half my mouth on one day and then I had to schedule another appointment to finish the other half. They also said I might start feeling sick because of all the bacteria released into my blood stream. Great, huh? So, I think I'll wait a few more months!
Tag, you're it!
The Rules:
~Each player (you) answers the questions about themselves.
~At the end of the post, the player tags other people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Questions:
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
2. Five Snacks I Enjoy
3. Five Things On My To Do List Today
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
5. Five jobs that I have had
6. Five of my bad habits
7. Five places I have lived
8. Five People I Want to Get to Know Better:
A nice way of saying “Tag. You’re it!”
9. 6 Random Things:
Have fun, answer the questions in a post & tag someone else.
No cavities! I actually laughed outloud when i saw Kela's after picture. I dont think ive ever seen a picture of her not smiling! Such a cute little face. Hooray for your girls!
Yay for no cavitites! I need to take Chloe in for her first cleaning soon, but I'm so terrified to do it!!! I hope she will be as good as your girls were!!! What's your secret...LOL!
Post a Comment