I haven't really updated on the progress of the construction of our home because...well, it's been REALLY SLOW GOING the past few weeks. There's just been too much "other stuff" going on that we've really only been able to do a little here and there. But, anyway, we've finally gotten where you can actually see the difference, so I thought I'd post.
First, we had to remove the door leading out of the girls' room (it's an exterior door) and replace it with the new interior door. This doorway which used to lead outside to the lanai, will now open into our new room! I know, sounds like a weird layout...and it is, but it's all good. The old exterior door just got transferred to its new location on the other side of our new room--which was a bit of drama in and of itself... Long story short, there was a bit of mis-measuring and we had to do some cutting into the framework, replacing some paneling, etc., but with not too much effort, the door was in place. (Thanks, Dean!) Then, it was up with all the interior trim--which took a while because Mitch did it all by himself. But what took even longer was all the caulking and spackling that Mitch had to do on all the walls, doorways, windows, and ceiling. We enlisted the service of our missionaires for some of that "grunt" work.
After that, it was time to build the stairs. My handy-man of a husband built the steps leading into our room--he was so proud of this (as was I)!
Finally, all set and ready for paint! It feels like it took forever to get to this point...but we're so excited to be almost finished! With a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet & flooring, it'll be ready to move into! Yea!

4 comments:
Good for you guys! Although I remember when we were doing all our construction projects and I was miserable! Hope you had a more pleasant experience!
How exciting to have a new room. We have our house on the market, so I have been trying to make it pretty by adding little things here and there that I have wanted to so since we moved in 8 years ago. It is amazing how something so small as curtains or fresh paint can make a huge difference. looking forward to seeing the finished pics!
That's exciting that things are moving along. I think it would be great to have a washer/dryer in your room. We live in a house that was built around 1930 so the laundry's in the basement. Why did they put laundry rooms in the basement?
Post a Comment