Just wanted to say a Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies~Hope your day was quiet and relaxing...although if you're a Mommy, is that even possible?
Mine started out and ended wonderfully! Events in between, however, is a different story! :) For starters, Mitch was great to wake up with the girls & even made me pancakes-from scratch! They were surprisingly even better than out of the box! Sooo good!
Mine started out and ended wonderfully! Events in between, however, is a different story! :) For starters, Mitch was great to wake up with the girls & even made me pancakes-from scratch! They were surprisingly even better than out of the box! Sooo good!
After breakfast, we rushed out to pick up Mitch's Aunt Celia and her new hubby Larry for a quick trip out to the Pali Lookout. Basically a super windy (can you tell from the pictures?) cliffside lookout with panoramic views of the Eastern side of Oahu. Did I mention windy? It's beautiful and despite the rain we had in the morning, all cleared up and the views were spectacular. Celia and Larry have really been lucky with the weather here-May tends to be fickle with lots of rain or "Kona Winds" (hot and humid and smoggy wind from the South), but it's actually been very nice for them! Yay for their Honeymoon! So, we checked out the Pali Lookout and then drove them home...after all, it is Sunday and we had to get ready for church!

Church for us is insanely late (starts at 2:30!!) so while Anna was well-rested after taking a nap, Kela was cranky because she didn't. She was a bit challenging during sacrament meeting today--which is especially lovely for me because Mitch's calling in the Bishopric means I have to fend for myself in the pews while he gets to watch it all unfold from the podium (at times, loudly). Sacrament meeting is often a challenge for me--but more so on days like this when one or the other hasn't had their pre-church naps). Thankfully, Kela fell asleep in the middle of one of the talks so all I had to worry about was keeping Anna from running up to the front to find Daddy. Today, she ran up only once...some days she doesn't even bother, but others, it's 4 or 5 times and then I have to take her outside 'cause she tends to get persisitent. I don't know what I'm going to do when baby #3 comes!
Anyway, after church, we had a nice family dinner with all our extended family-including Airi's family-which means there were 12 kids running and screaming around Airi's house. Just a bit chaotic...but pretty much the norm when it comes to our family get-togethers. The kids all had fun, as did the adults, since these are the few times we get to sit back and let the kids entertain themselves while we mingle, gossip and catch up. :)
Then at the end of the day, Mitch was great to get the girls ready for bed and even put them both to sleep! What a great husband! I felt pretty spoiled today...except at church...but that's every Sunday, so I can't really complain. I was also looking forward to my Mother's Day massage that Mitch had promised...but since he's already fast asleep, and I'm catching up on this blog--no such luck. Oh, well. Like I said, at least my day started and ended blissfully and quietly. What more could a mother ask for? :)

3 comments:
Happy Mother's day Yumi!! It looks like we were both up late last night blogging. I was laughing when I saw the time at the bottom of this post. I was up until about then also, when else do us Mom's have time to do it!?
Happy mother's day! Sounds like you had a good one. Sorry about having to put up with the kids solo in sacrament, but I'm sure you'll be blessed!
Yes, I cherish the times when the kids are sleeping when I finally have time for myself!! Blogging at night time is the best time for me...another thing I realized after having a second child!!
And Rachel, I'm seriously counting on those blessings later! Just kidding..I grumble at times, but it's really not that bad. :)
Post a Comment