Well, as of Saturday night, Kela had finally broken her fever and was feeling just well enough to smile for the camera--a ham for the camera as always! But, it's nice for us to see her finally well enough to smile and walk around just a little bit. This has been, by far, the worst "bug" she's ever gotten...Rumi must have contracted some kind of "super bug" in Utah! At it's worst, her fever hit about 103. Mitch thought she was having a mild seizure because she began twitching a little...but it was only for a few seconds and she was coherent the entire time. Just a bit scared, and extremely hungry. She hasn't eaten anything really solid (or at least hasn't been able to keep it down) for almost 2 days. Poor thing...but, as of Sunday morning, the worst seems over, and her fever has subsided. She's even eating some crackers and downing the pedialyte laced with probiotic to help her build up her immune system.
Whew! We're sure glad she's finally feeling better!
Anna, on the other hand, is fine and active as usual. Here's a shot we took a couple of nights ago. Her "thing" these days is dressing up in the few articles of princess dress-up clothes we have. She calls it her "Rella" (short for Cinderella) dress and likes to walk around with her plastic shoes, sunglasses and either a purse, a phone or both in her hand...
This is new for us, as Kela was never quite into "dress-up" but I'm getting the feeling that Anna will make up for all those dress-up-free years. Oy oy!
06 April 2008
finally! an end in sight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I know I probibly comment to much. I think I am just really excited to see you again after all this time! Anyway, You really have the cutest little girls. I am glad Kela is feeling better.
I'm so glad Kela is over her "bug"! I really, really don't like when babies are sick. It's so sad to watch :(. But it is really good to hear she is back to herself again. She looks just like you Mommy :)!!!
Post a Comment