We've finally "broken ground" and begun construction on our tiny little home. We're planning on inclosing our little lanai and creating a little bedroom for us and our soon~to~come baby. It's so exciting, I can hardly contain myself! We've been living "sardine-style" for way too long and I'm just ecstatic about having a real bed and a private little room to call our own. SO, the day before construction, Mitch cleared out our lanai of debris, wiped down our washer/dryer and power-washed the entire area. Had I taken a picture before all was cleared out, you'd be impressed by this picture here and how clean it looks...
I know it doesn't look like much yet, but in a few short weeks, it'll be exciting to compare the difference, I promise!
Dean, my brother-in-law, and his friend Zak came down to start the framing. They did all this in less than 4 hours or so! So fast how they pounded out the skeleton of our future room! They sure are professionals! And we're SO grateful for them taking their Saturday afternoon to help us out. Even Mitch got in on the action and framed up one wall! So, at the end of day 1, the entire room is practically framed up. Next weekend, we're hoping to finish framing and place the windows, doors, and maybe even the siding! We're so excited!! :)

4 comments:
That looks like so much work, and yet really fun at the same time! I love having projects. Do you remember my oldest brother, Liberty? Well he just moved here to Rigby a few months ago. He bought this beautiful brand new house with an unfinished basement. I don't know why, but I am so excited to help him finish it. Just the thought of turning nothing into something I guess.
What awesome friends you have to help with all that. I can't wait to see your final product!!
Wow! Congratulations on the extension. That is exciting. I know you really want the space.
Naomi
How exciting for you! Bracan dreams of one day having a project like that. Maybe we'll buy a house with an unfinished basement and let him go at it. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Goodness, I hope we don't disappoint with the final product! I should forwarn...I'm not the best decorator and we're going for cheap and fast and easy! But, yes we're so excited. Home projects are so fun. Stressful at times...but absolutely exciting.
Post a Comment