08 April 2008

no glaucoma for me, thank you!

Today, I had my follow-up appointment with my opthamologist and I'm all clear. No Glaucoma. Hooray! I did, however have to have my pupils dilated again, and had to drive myself home, again. It wasn't very fun...although this time, I was prepared! I armed myself with darker sunglasses, and an extra pair of eyes! Kela came with me to keep me company while we waited (and waited, and waited....). She was a great helper and held my hand and pushed the elevator buttons for me. Just kidding-but she really does like to push those elevator buttons. I swear, it's the highlight of her trip to any office building.
And right now, I am typing this with my face 6 inches from the screen because everything closer than 5 feet is a big blurr--unless it's 6 inches away and I take off my glasses...I know, I should just wait for the dilation meds to go away, but the girls are sleeping and this time is simply priceless for uninterrupted "me" time.
I do, however, have to go back in about a month for some more testing (does it ever end??), but at least now I can rest assured that I'm not going blind! :)

1 comment:

Gini said...

Thank Goodness!!!