I enjoy Mitch's birthday for several reasons. One, he's my hubby and it's his special day--of course, I'm happy for him on his birthday! Two, birthdays and anniversaries are basically the few occasions we get the chance to get out just the two of us. (that date is still pending, by the way...I'm sure I'll be posting that when it actually happens). And three, his birthday means that we are (finally) the same age! ( and I don't have to feel like the "old maid" in the relationship anymore...yippee!!)
So, on this "monumentous" occasion (and yes, I realize that isn't an actual word...It just sounds like it should be), poor Mitch had to work from really early this morning. He woke up around 4 am or so to prepare for his class (he's the instructor, not the student), then go to work and teach all day, come home and rush to Laie for our evening Temple session. (I stayed with Elika to watch the kiddies and cook dinner...but mostly because silly me has an expired Temple Recommend. I know, terrible, huh? It's just missing the Stake Prez signature...but that's beside the point.) So, needless to say, Mitch had a LONG and tiring day--tiring enough that I drove home (which means he was REALLY beat). But, after the session, we ate dinner at Elika's, had brownies and ice cream (is there any other way to eat brownies?) and relaxed watching CNN for a little while. I know, old fogies, right?
I promise, we'll do something much more exciting to celebrate the big day--on another day--when Mitch is less tired and less busy. :) Hopefully.
08 April 2008
happy birthday daddy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My three year old was looking at this with me, he now really wants some brownies and ice cream!!
Poor guy, sounds like he was beat! I'd say you were lucky to fit in the brownies after that day.
Happy Birthday to Mitch! Hope you guys get your much needed date soon.
Post a Comment