12 April 2008

construction day 2

At the end of day #2, our house looks like this. The outside walls are all up, the windows all in, the roof has been extended and it's basically a real room! Well, except for the door. There still isn't a door...but that will have to wait until next week. And that crazy guy on top of our roof is my brother-in-law Dean. I especially think he's crazy walking on our roof with no straps or safety harness because a couple of years ago when he was building my sister Airi's house, he fell down from the second story and landed on the stairs and broke his back.

Oh, and when Mitch took the trim off the outside doorway, look what he found? This little guy didn't quite stand a chance...our first casualty in construction. Gross.



5 comments:

Gini said...

It's looking good!!
Is that a lizard? Do you have a lot of those around? I have never been to Hawaii, so just wondering. I think my kids would freak out!

Yumi said...

Yea, Gini, it's a lizard. We have TONS of lizards and geckos here in Hawaii...they're pretty creepy, but I'd rather see these guys crawling around than a bunch of ants and cockroaches. The side of Hawaii that people don't really see are all the "creepy-crawly" things here. Yucky, huh?

Anonymous said...

Lookin good! Too bad he couldn't fridays and saturdays to finish it faster. For now you'll have to share him with our neighbor. But soon it'll be done and you'll have more space! How exciting...oh..and the walking on the roof thing... just picture him doing that 25 feet in the air. Good thing I got life insurance..j/k.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like it's really coming along! Reminds me of my dad. He still gets up there and cleans the roof even after that horrible fall.

Yumi said...

Oh Rachel, I remember that fall! It's amazing you dad survived! And I think it's a "guy" thing...I get freaked out when I see Mitch on a ladder! I'm a weeny---that's deathly afraid of heights!