12 April 2008

celebration dinner

It's finally the weekend and we can all breathe! Well...hopefully. Mitch is technically "on-call" for work tomorrow, which means that he gets a day off so long as no other pilot calls in sick or a plane doesn't run into mechanical problems. We're keeping our fingers crossed since he's been working some serious overtime this past week. I think he just may have even beat his brother in the hours/week department! Which is pretty hard to do since he's a doc in his first year of residency.
Since Mitch had such a busy work week, we had to wait until the weekend to celebrate. So, after a 1/2 day of work and another 5 hours or so of hard-labor construction work, we dragged a very tired daddy out to dinner. It was a short (because the girls were tired, too!) but nice dinner with just the four of us. Happy (belated) Birthday, Daddy!

3 comments:

jenn w said...

Happy Birthday Mitch! I know how it is dragging a tired from OT spouse out to dinner. I meant to tell you on your Mitch tag that..I didnt exactly get an official proposal either. Nice! And I just now noticed in your about me it says you used to be a headbanger...yes! (me too-ha ha) Thats awesome! =)

Oh, ive been a lazy blogger lately, i'll get to that tag, i promise!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Yum! We just went there on Sat night because Jon was in town. Any dinner I don't have to make tastes extra good to me!

Gini said...

Happy Birthday Mitch!!

Yumi, we really don't live on a ranch. We do have 15 acres, and it is really nice to have all the space for the kids to run around. When they get to much for me, I send them out back. You guys are welcome to come visit anytime and ride the horses all you want. We could even do some trail riding (that's my favorite) Think about, it would be so much fun!