16 April 2008

anna and elmo


Anna and her elmo are inseparable. She takes him (or is it a "her?" who knows...) everywhere. Kela never really got into dolls until very recently, and even then, it's not as much as Anna and her elmo. So, tonight as Kela was saying prayer to bless dinner, I noticed Anna sitting in her little booster seat with Elmo tucked away nicely next to her. She does this quite often. And then as we're eating, I notice she's taking great care to "feed" her elmo too. We weren't paying attention and she actually shoved the spoon full of rice into elmo's mouth, so now, we have to throw it into the wash...again. I'm not sure how long this little doll will last (or atleast, how many washings!)

3 comments:

kim said...

Abby had a few Elmos. I made one from Build a Bear and it got so crunchy from her feeding him. I love Elmo, way more than an adult should. He is just too cute. Sometimes I buy 2 of something when it is so loved. It has saved us from lots of tears.

Gini said...

I love when my kids get attached to one of their toys. I get to see a really tender side of them, as they love and take care of it. Evan has a teddy that he can't sleep without, and whenever he is scared or unsure about something, teddy is there. Teddy has been to school and on vacations even to surgury with Evan. It is so cute.

I love how Anna feeds Elmo. You can see from the pics, how much she loves him/her.

Yumi said...

This is all new for us...but I guess it's pretty normal for kids to get attached to certain things!
We think it's adorable when she talks to and treats Elmo like her baby. We're hoping that transcends into her attitude towards our next baby!