16 March 2008

too much...i know...

I realize that I'm probably blogging too much about nothing...but that's what this whole thing is about, right? I promise, after today, I'll take a break and wait for something actually exciting to post about.
But, I just found out via a friend's blog (that's you, Kim) that March is National craft month...who knew of such a thing?! So, my sewing skills are mediocre at best and nothing to toot my horn about, but decided to bust out my sewing machine anyway and put it to some good use (especially since I got it last year for $50 on craigslist -- a STEAL, if you ask me since it's a Kenmore). Ok, so this is what I stayed up until 3 a.m making...tada~!

What's that, you ask? Well, they're diaper/wipes pouches. I know, useless, right? But I made one for my sister last year (which she lost, so the top one's for you, Elika) and I also made one for me & I actually use it quite a bit. It's pretty convenient and holds a wipes case and 2 or 3 diapers. So, everything's all in one place --even inside your diaper bag, which if you had a conventional diaper bag (which I shun completely--refuse to buy) they're HUGE, right?
See? And they're quilted so can double as a pillow when changing baby-which comes in handy when changing out in public. Anyway, I said it wasn't anything to toot about, but it's about the jist of my sewing skills...
I have 2 sister-in-laws that are expecting & a sister that just had a baby so I figured it was an easy way to kill 3 gifts in one night. (oh, and if you're one of the recipients and are reading this blog...act surprised when you get it ;) )

And on a side note: I recently discovered another great invention...it's called the Bella Band! It's probably not that new to some people but it's new to me. It has saved me from having to bust out any of my maternity pants as of yet...and believe me when I say, I'm pretty big! I told my sister in law about it and she bought some, too. I love it & can wear all of my regular pants...and even some pants that I couldn't wear comfortably before I got preggo (ok, you try getting pregnant 3 times in less than 5 years!) Look it up if you're pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant... =)

hmmm...I should get an endorsement! :0

7 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Is this nesting already? Those are really cute. I finally bought a diaper bag last week because the free one we got at the Dr. office was ripping. I'm so cheap. I found a great walmart special for 14 dollars. It is kinda big, but I throw my purse inside it and I'm ready to go.

And the Bella Band is great! I have two of them and they savd me from having to buy any maternity pants last time.

kim said...

Those bags are so cute, but beyond by skills. I do not do buttons. Mostly what I have done is self taught. But I love the bags.

I don't think a bella band would have helped me much. I started to out grow the xl. Kevin stopped measuring with Anna and I was 56 inches around. Being only 64 inches tall, I was a sight.

Janee said...

Those are awesome! How much do you want for one? I HATE our diaper bag but I carry it around so diapers, etc. aren't flying all over the place - this would totally solve my problem! I have seen these before (I think they're called Diapees and Wipees but I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for one!)

Yumi said...

Ok...so I've been living under a rock and never discovered the Bellaband until just a few weeks ago. They came out like 3 years ago, right? Anyway, I'm gonna see how long it takes before I have to take out my maternity bottoms...because I get HUGE in the end and will absolutely have to use them eventually-I know it.

Oh, and maybe I should take orders on the bags! Hee hee...actually it's probably not sellable, but let me know if you want one & I think I can bust another one out for you, Janee!

jenn w said...

Yumi,

Super cute bags. I couldnt do something like that in a million years. I just hem and mend and thats the extent to my sewing capabilities.
I love it when people post frequently, and get sortof disapointed when theres nothing new after 2-3 days, even though mine stays the same for weeks on end. Its not too much :)

Janee said...

Yes, I would LOVE one!

Ryan and Val said...

Hi Yumi, I love your little diaper wipe holder thingies! You gotta teach me how; I know that when Ryan sees them, he'll want me to make some. You sure a super mom! Good job!