16 March 2008

a day at the park

In case you're wondering (those who don't know Japanese...which is probably most of the people I know that read this blog), in my last blog entry I refer to myself as an "oyabaka." (FYI: "oya" means parent, "baka" means idiot). But, loosely translated, this refers to those parents who oogle over their kids and think their kids are the cutest, smartest, most talented, etc., etc... Basically, any parent, I assume...but yea, that's probably me. Which is ultimately the main reason for starting up this blog-thing. 'cause really...how often do I post pics of myself? Especially now that I have a huge growth on my abdomen....that's slowly making its way elsewhere as well *sigh*
Anyway, the post below is a slideshow of pictures I took of the girls at the park this afternoon/evening. It was windy and chilly! For Hawaii standards, anyway. I mean, look! The girls are wearing jeans! You can't see, but I was decked out in winter clothes-jeans, sweatshirt and all. (you can actually see a smidgin' of my sweatshirt in one of the pics--well, my belly, anyway). And the girls played "house" around the jungle gym...I cringe everytime I hear Kela say, "Mommy" or "daughter, I need to go to work" to her cousins like they're some weird family role-playing going on. I don't like "house" and wish they would stop. But, unfortunately, I don't see an end of that anywhere in the near future...(eyes rolling)

1 comment:

jenn w said...

Yumi,
Of course I remember you! How could I forget anyone from EdmondsII ward? I am so glad you stalked and left a comment! I have been looking at your blog too. When i found Bracan and Rachels last year, I saw your photo album link. Glad you started up blogging, you have such a darling little family. Your girls are really, really cute and congrats on another little one coming! It was great to see all the rest of your family too! Glad to see everyone is doing well. And must be nice to be in Hawaii. Far cry from Edmonds, lucky girl! Oh, and that light looks awesome. Mason has his little light up seahorse at night that he cant live with out, im sure he would really dig that thing.