20 March 2008

easter egg-a-huntin'

I can't believe it's Easter already! In March! When I was putting together my 2008 calendar in December (it was for a gift-which is the only reason why I looked ahead) I had to re-check and google it 3 or 4 times to make sure...Why the heck is Easter in March? Anyway, so it seems Easter is already upon us and that means candy season. Shucks, just when I'm trying so hard to be good and not overindulge & become a gestational diabetic...

Our local library hosted an Easter Egg hunt for the little ones and we decided to take the girls. Horray that Mitch was off from work to help out--otherwise I wouldn't have been able to take nearly as much pictures! Especially since this was Anna's first time experiencing an Easter Egg Hunt. But, as you can see by how many eggs are in her basket...she had NO problem figuring out what to do. More Eggs = More Goodies.

Rachel showed me how to do this collage thing, so I thought I'd try it out. Neat! Definitely less uploading. Thanks for the tip!
They sure had fun...which was a good thing because they've been looking forward to this day for weeks! And look, Mitch got them both "Dora the Explorer" Easter Baskets. They both LOVE Dora, even though I don't have the heart to tell them that they're Japanese...not Latino. Oh well, right?


7 comments:

kim said...

I envy you your sunshine. It hs rained so much here I just watch the river climb higher and higher as I cross over it every day.

Looks like some fun was had by all. We are growing out of the Dora phase, yippee!!! I have had about 10 years of Dora now. We are now on to other obsessions. They are kind of nice though, when it comes to giving a gift.

Easter has to do with a some solstice and that is what decides when it will be. Mom told me it hasn't been this early in like 75 years and won't be again in about 200. I much prefer the later Easters. It makes it hard to enjoy the St. Patrick's day and the Easter decorations.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Fun!! We need to have an Easter egg hunt for Lucy. And the collages look great! Much easier, huh?

jenn w said...

Shucks Yumi :),

I love the smiles on your girls! and I enjoy coming to your blog because for 5 minutes out of my day, i pretend that Im in hawaii and away from this crappy weather! Looks like fun..and i didnt even realize that Easter is in like 2 days...i too was thinking April=Easter.

Ryan and Val said...

I can't wait for our Rebekah to be able to enjoy all of these holidays! Okay, sorry to bug you again, but I have just added "how did you do that pic collage?" to my list of blog questions for you (in addition to slideshow & background tips!). I gotta find time to call you. It's also great to see Mitch! Give him a hug from us!

Gini said...

Yumi!! I was in shock when I saw your name on my blog!! The memories came flooding back, I think it was third grade that we met, I still have my diary from third grade, and in it, it says "Yumi is my very best friend." Do you remember the fight we got into at recess, when a boy told me there was no Santa? We made him pay! Ah, memories. You have such a cute family,your girls are so beautiful(like their mom)

I love the Dora comment. My daughter, Isabel is seven and doesn't watch Dora anymore, but still won't give up her Dora pillow. My two younger boys think that they are fluent in spanish. You gotta love Dora! I have to say I'm very jealous of the warm weather you have, I had forgotten what grass looks like. We still have a ton of snow here in Idaho. Nothing like Easter egg hunts in the snow! At least the kids will be able to find them easily.

Thanks for finding me, you are welcome to check out my blog anytime. It will be fun to keep in touch.

Janee said...

So jealous! I want some sunshine! Yeah, no easter egg hunting here - we had a blizzard yesterday and it's supposed to snow tomorrow!!! I'm SO done with Michigan!

Yumi said...

ummm...if it makes any of you feel any better, it's raining today!?!
:P