23 March 2008

pretty nails..and easter eggs!

Every year, Grandma and Grandpa Seavey send the girls a little Easter basket of goodies. This year, they got bunny ears. Mitch wanted to throw them away as soon as we opened up the box, but once the girls got a hold of it...it's seemed to have become a permanent fixture in our girl's toy chest-much to my husband's dismay.

Aren't they just the cutest Easter Bunnies? I should have gotten a video of Anna "hopping" around our house like a bunny rabbit.
Come Easter Morning...Kela and Anna got a small bottle of fingernail polish in her Easter Basket this year. (Sadly, Kela is 3 1/2 and this was her VERY FIRST Easter Basket from the Easter Bunny...I mean, it's not like she missed it at 2, right?)
Since she's been asking me to paint her nails for weeks now...Mitch stepped in (like the GREAT Daddy he is) and painted the girls' toenails this morning. I thought it was so cute...

And the girls thought they looked "very pretty" all day today. :)





For Easter Sunday, we drove out to Mililani to Uncle Atau's for some good food and fun egg-hunting. Atau has a great yard for Easter Egg hunting...for little ones since it is small and completely enclosed ;)

Plus, they have an Easter Bunny right in the yard too! Well, her name is Maddy and she just hopped around while the kiddo's ran amuck hunting for plastic eggs. So lucky, the girls got to have 2 Easter Egg hunts this year!

5 comments:

Janee said...

Lol, the girls look so cute in those ears - I laughed out loud :) Looks like you guys had a fun Easter weekend! Yeah, we didn't get Maya an Easter basket - I figured we'd wait until she could appreciate it (and so I wouldn't eat all the candy).

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like you had a great Easter! It's nice that you ahve so much family around to celebrate with.

I've been tempted to try and paint Lucy's toes or hands, but I think I better wait until she's a little older or I might have a huge mess.

jenn w said...

You tell Mitch there is nothing wrong with bunny ears! :) They looked like they were loving daddy painting their toenails! what a great hands on dad. That is precious. No biggy about Kelas first easter basket this year...I was debating getting one for Mason and taking pictures just to say i did it and all, but he's only 1....(almost)

Gini said...

Happy Easter!!What a good Daddy! You can tell he was meant to have girls.
How many kids does Atau have? Tell him hi for me.

Just Like A Starr said...

How cute!!! What an awesome Daddy!!! I love your blogs, you're so funny. I like the blog below where you said you don't have the heart to tell the girls they are Japanese and not Latio since they love Dora so much. Chloe loves Dora, too. Me, not so much, maybe because we watch it all the time, but as long as she is happy :). I love the bunny ears, too!!!