25 March 2008

spring break

It's still Spring Break for all of Kela's cousins, and with little else to do on a hot and sunny day, we hit the beach. Silly me forgot to take any pictures while there (I have waaaay too many pictures of the girls at the beach anyway) but after the beach, we treated ourselves to some 'ono (yummy) shave ice at Waiola (one of our favorites) Shave Ice.
The kiddies got messy, but isn't that what Spring Break is all about?



5 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Yum, maybe I need to come to HI again just for some shaved ice. That sounds great!

Gini said...

To answer your question, I do still run. I started running again two years ago, ran a half marathon and then found out I was pregnant again. Lillia ran the half marathon with me.(well sort of) I wasn't able to run last summer because it was a hard pregnancy, my body took a lot longer to heal. So I just started to run again a few months ago. I ran a race in Moab, UT. a few weeks ago, and I am planning a few more over the summer and fall. I have never done a full marathon. (you rock) I want to, but I think I should do a few more half's before I make 26 miles my goal! The first half I did, Neal Stoddard was there and ran the full! It was so cool to see him again after all this time, and running even! When I was looking for races to do this summer I found one in Hawaii. Wouldn't that be fun! I wish.

I don't have a web site yet, I am planning on making a blog page so I can have all my fabrics there for people to choose from. I'm just waiting for Robyn to finish with the artwork for it and it will be up! I bought a sling with my third baby, and it was a lifesaver! I don't know how I ever lived without it with the first two! After looking at it, I realized how easy it would be to make. After I made a few and gave them to friends for gifts. I was told I should sell them. So I did. It has been a lot of fun!

Yumi said...

Hey Gini!
I'd love to see your slings-be sure to let me know when you get your blog up and running!
And about the marathon--if I told you my times, you'd not be so impressed...but I enjoy it. I'd love to do a half marathon. In Hawaii, there's a President's Day run called the Aloha Run (google it!)-it's only10K and it's a BLAST. I'm running it next year, so you should come out for it, too!
And you too, Rachel! (although it'd be too easy for you...)

Ryan and Val said...

Yummy, Waiola is our favorite too! I can't wait to be able to take Rebekah to the beach . . . I keep on bugging Ryan about it. We were told to wait by our doctor . . . shucks!

Janee said...

Oh what I wouldn't give right now for some sun, beach and shave ice! I'm a little depressed that it's STILL snowing and it's almost April!!! What the?!