26 March 2008

My first baby

Thanks Janee for this one...I thought it was cute. And me, feeling overwhelmingly "motherly" lately, felt the urge to do it.

1. Were you married at the time?
-Yes, 9 months after we got married, I got preggo. Right about when we had planned. I don't seem to have too much trouble conceiving...(hence, my #3 in less than 5 years)

2. What were your reactions?
-We were both expecting it and anticipating it...so we were excited! The fear and nervousness of going through labor and delivery and the impending stress of raising a child didn't hit us until waaay later.

3. How old were you?
-27.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
-Crazy thing, I knew the night we conceived. hee hee...and knew with my second and third too...mother's intuition, I guess. But, the preggo test 3 weeks later confirmed it.

5. Who did you tell first?
-My Mom. 'Cause if I had told my sister Airi first, everyone would have found out before I got the chance to call my mom...

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
-No.

7. Due date?
-July 3, 2004

8. Did you deliver early or late?
-6 Long and tiring days late.

9. Did you have morning sickness?
-Some...but very mild. Just got a bit queasy, but still ate like a cow.

10. What did you crave?
-Silk Chocolate Soy Milk--and I've been craving it every day since...

11. Who irritated you the most?
-Like most bad experiences related to pregnancy and child birth...I've completely forgotten any hormonal rages from 4 years ago. But, Mitch would probably say that he got the brunt of the "abuse".

12. What was your child's sex?
-Female--even though I was SURE she'd be a boy.

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
-About 30. And most of it in my 7th month. The most I gained was 8 lbs in 2 weeks. My doc threatened to put me on a diet...people thought I was due any day, when I still had 2 months to go! People can be so cruel...but, yea, I was huge.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
-Nope. Just huge.

15.Where did you give birth?
-Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu, Hawaii

16. How many hours were you in labor?
-About 15 from start to finish. But I pushed for 3 hours...crazy, I know!

17. Who drove you to the hospital?
- Mitch (Baby Daddy)

18.Who watched?
-Not that I had an audience, but Mitch (of course) and my Mom were there helping-hold my legs and give me encouragement. And while my Mom fell asleep for a while, Mitch rubbed my back and fed me ice chips the entire time. Awesome birth coach.
Oh, and only 1 nurse, until delivery when my doc came in. That's it. Kaiser really adhered to my birth plan.

19.Was it natural or c-section?
-Natural

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
-Nope. Seriously considered it half way through...but toughed it out and stuck to my original plan.

21.How much did your child weigh?
-8lbs. 13oz. I know, huge.

22.Did your child have any complications?
-Nope. Perfectly pink and plump with very little vernix (she was 6 days late). Did I mention plump?

23. What did you name baby?
-Kela Miai

24. How old is your first born today?
-3 1/2 My how time flies!

Okay Mommies, feel free to repost this as "My first baby"


6 comments:

Janee said...

"Baby Daddy" LOL! That's so funny...
Dang, I didn't know Kela was that big when she was born! No wonder you pushed for 3 hours!

jenn w said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yumi said...

Hey Jenn,
I didn't realize the cow/milk joke...although it was soy milk that I drank. But, milk is milk, I guess. And you sure beat me w/ the 12 lbs in 2 weeks! Funny, it didn't feel like that much at the time, though, right?
And it's actually 3 times in 5 years...but yes, Mitch is home quite a bit and is a great Mr. Mom. At times, he puts me to shame... :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

HI in Feb 09 sounds good, actually HI anytime sounds good, but we will have to see. Christina B. and her hubby are planning on going this spring/summer. I offered to watch her kids while they go because they didn't really get a honeymoon and then I was thinking maybe Bracan and I should go too and just drop off all the kids at your house. You wouldn't mind 3 extra kiddos, right? I'm only kidding! I don't think I have many flyable (is that a word?) weeks left.

jenn w said...

Yums,

Sorry, things were crazy yesterday and i seriously just skimmed that post...go ahead and delete this and your relevent comment too..:)

Gini said...

Hey Yumi, just wanted to let you know, there is a rumor going around here that the truck drivers are going on strike tomorrow. I don't know how that would effect you in Hawaii, but I thought I'd warn you just in case.