26 March 2008

a tag?

So, Jenny tagged me & it's my very first! Is that cause for celebration? Do people really care? Anyway, in case you have an inquiring mind (or are simply nosy and want to know...) here it is :)



1. Favorite shoes right now?

Right now, I'm in the process of finding
"THE ONE." Time and financial constraints have kept me searching for over 6 months, but for now, these are probably it. They're a size too big, but I wear them anyway 'cause I think they're so cute. I feel "pretty" wearing them...and few things in my closet do that for me.

2. New Year's Resolution:

I was checking my journal & realized that I had forgotten to make resolutions for this year...can I use the one from last year? Or maybe I should think up of one now...(5 minutes later...) probably get more organized. In life and my home. I'm used to living in dissaray and I think I would be a much calmer and happier person if I got more organized. But not so organized that I stress about it and lose sight of more important things like letting my kids be kids, or allowing my husband the opportunity to help out with the cleaning :) Just kidding...he'd probably argue that he cleans more than me. Hence, my resolution.

3. Am I listening to music right now?

No, the kiddies (and husband) are asleep. The kind of music I enjoy listening to isn't what you would call "relaxing music"

4. If I had $200 to spend on myself...

A new Lesportsac bag (love those!) and probably my favorite pair of shoes (see #1)

5. Favorite place in the city I live in.

Ice Garden--a tiny little Shave Ice place that 2 little Taiwanese sisters operate. They know me and my entire family & are the sweetest ladies. They make the BEST shave ice on the island in my book. If you ever come to Hawaii (or are from here and come to Aiea) check it out and get the #16-with chocolate syrup, milk, tapioca & mochi balls. Super sweet and soooo good.

6. Just finished reading?


Atonement by Ian McEwan. Great book. Read it in less than a week. Very sad, but I'm a very sappy person. I love the dramas and tear-jerkers. They made a movie (which is "R" but I saw it anyway...terrible, I know!) which I must say was excellent.


I think I'm supposed to tag someone else...but I think I'll leave it at that. Don't want to pressure anyone, and besides, most people I blog with have probably already been tagged. So, if you'd like to, by all means, tag yourself. :)

3 comments:

Gini said...

I have been debating with myself whether to see this movie or not. I REALLY want to!!! Now that you say it's a good one I'll have to. I don't know, Maybe I'll just read the book. See still debating!

By the way, I love the shoes. I think everyone should have at least one article of clothing that makes them feel pretty. I have a very simple long sleeved black tee. It is my favorite, mostly because you can't see my leftover baby bump when I wear it. People probably think that it is my only shirt because I wear it so often! But I don't care, I feel pretty in it!

jenn w said...

Thanks for playing. I hope it wasnt too much pressure:) I knew you needed a tag since your blog is fairly new. Love the shoes! love them. Same with Gin, i was debating over the movie (not a huge kiera fan either) but since you say the book is great, i might just see it...oh wait its rated R, i'll have to just read the book :) sha...anyway, get cleaning yumi!

Yumi said...

No pressure, Jenn. I actually had fun with the tag...maybe I'm too self-indulgent?
And I feel like a terrible person to recommend the movie. So, don't go see it. But the book was excellent-better than the movie anyway.