Our bedtime ritual usually consists of us reading a book or two to Kela and Anna...then Kela usually likes to take that book and read it to Anna--all by herself. So, she can't quite read yet, but she loves to pretend she can & is pretty good at memorizing the "jist" of the story on each page. She asks us to read the words and then she repeats it, until she can (try to) recite it all by herself. I posted a video of her reading a bunny book to Anna--which has recently become part of our bedtime routine as well.
You may need to pause the music at the bottom if you want to hear her talking...it's pretty quiet because it's with my "old" camera which is not the best in terms of quality.
After reading a book, it's family prayer time which Kela has actually been doing for several months now. I'm not quite sure if I should take a video of her praying...the girls might get distracted and forget to be reverent. But, I'm sure one day, I'll record it for posterity. It's very cute...until you're in a hurry and she keeps blessing us to be "safety" and mentioning EVERYTHING from the day's events.

5 comments:
Lol! Maya sucks those 2 fingers that Anna has in her mouth! That's a really cute video of your girls!
My sister and I are about the same age difference as your girls and its fun to look back and watch the videos of us when we were kids...
Hey Janee-
Anna has been sucking those two fingers since she was like 4 or 5 months old...lately, I'm seriously thinking of taping her fingers together or dipping them in salt or vinegar to get her to stop!! Once Maya starts playing around outside on playgrounds and in public places, you'll understand-believe me!!
But, yea, I think siblings are great...speaking of which...?! How about your #2? :) hee hee
Time flies. I don't feel like it has been that long since Airi and I were living at each other's houses, but here's a scary thought: My 20 year reunion is next year.
I hopped over to Elika's myspace. You need to get her involved with blogging. Her kids are darling as well. Your family certainly has adorable babies.
Yeah, I've always been so happy to not have to deal with the binky problems all my friends are having but then I realized - you can't take the fingers away! Man, I'm not looking forward to that.
I understand, trust me - Maya is so wiggly and is constantly wanting to crawl around and touch things and put things things in her mouth, it drives me insane!!!
Hi Yumi,
Nanea and I were checking out your blog. She was so excited to see her picture at the birthday party and see the slide show of Kela and Anna reading. Good job with the reading as a bedtime routine. This is how it all starts before they start asking "What does this say?", "What does that mean?" And then the story that was supposed to take 5 mins. stretches into 30 and you just want to finish the story uninterrupted so you can go to bed :>
Post a Comment