14 March 2008

genious!

A little bit ago, I walked into the girls room and noticed a strange smell. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was--until I realized that we had put too strong a wattage bulb into our nightlight & the plastic around the bulb had started to burn & melt. Needless to say, I freaked out thinking of "what could have happened" and decided to get a safer nightlight for our girls' room. Enter the Mobi Tykelight. If you've never seen or heard about this ingenious invention, look it up here. The girls love to play with it and carry it around everywhere. Mitch is thinking of getting another one so they can each have one near their beds. GENIOUS! I love this thing!


Here's a "brighter" shot of what it looks like. I swear, if you have little kids (or even big kids, I imagine) this is a great night light.



Several months ago, Anna strangely started "prentending" to be sleeping. For the first few times that she did it, I was completely fooled--because she'd do it while in her carseat. We'd arrive somewhere and I'd ask Kela if Anna was sleeping, and she'd look completely knocked out asleep. Then when I looked closely, she's start smirking and quickly wake up. It was pretty hilarious and I was actually surprised she could do that at around 18 months or so. I should have taken a video of it at the time, because it was actually much more convincing at the time! But, lately, she's thought of it more like a joke and will only close her eyes for a quick second or two. But what's funny is she'll do it on cue, no matter what she's doing at the time--whether she's eating, walking, jumping around or whatever.

No comments: