This summer, we signed up our girls for art classes at the Honolulu Museum of Art.
They loved it last year, so I thought, why not again?
Well, they DID enjoy it for the the most part...but since they had so many cousins here during the summer, they were also bummed that they had to miss out on some quality family time while they were in school during the weekdays (even though it was only 2 hours).
We are going to have to rethink signing them up for art classes next summer...especially if their cousins will be coming back for another visit.
But that's for next year's worry. As for this year, we finally made it to their art exhibit! And got to see some of the artwork they worked on during the summer.
Anna was at soccer camp this week so I just brought Jojo and Kela with me to take a look at all their hard work.
Here's Jolee and her self portrait. This was her very first time attending art class and she had a hard time at the beginning. She cried at drop-off a couple of times, but by the end of the first week, she was a champ and went to her class all by herself. Or, with the help of her sister whose class was right across the hall. Jolee is our little artist. She loves to draw, paint and create anything!
I know she enjoyed these classes and the projects she made were really fun!
Kela and her self portrait in block printing, I think...
Jojo's 3-D collage. Or, something...not quite sure what it is, but she was super proud of it and wanted to take a picture of her with it.
Where we will display this at home, I have no idea...
These last 2 are Anna's. She wasn't with us, but I saw a couple of her artwork on display and so had to document it by taking a picture The bottom is her own self portrait made with tissue paper.
I am so proud of my girls. They all LOVE art and creating things. I don't know where they get this artistic personality from, but I don't think it comes from either Mitch or myself.
Despite their grumbling for having to go to school during the summer, I am glad that they got to participate in the art program here at the Honolulu Museum of Art!





No comments:
Post a Comment