11 May 2014

mother's day




  This is my mother.

I am SO happy that my mother happened to be here in Hawaii with us for Mother's Day this year!
She has been here helping out with some of my siblings during busy workdays and such...and while I sort of feel bad that Dad is all alone in Seattle during Mom's stay in Hawaii, we are so grateful for these special times we get to spend with her.
Plus, the kids absolutely LOVE having Obachan come and visit.  She's a wonderful example to me of what kind of Mother I want to be.


For this special occasion, we got together with the cousins again.
Here are the 3 Musketeers...or 3 Rascals...whichever you prefer to call them.
They are all the same age & like to run around creating a ruckus with each other.
It's always a party when these three get together, that's for sure!


This time, Obachan brought funky sunglasses for all the grandkids as omiyage.
I must say, it was quite a sight seeing all of these kids sporting their cheapie shades.


I am so grateful for my children-who have given me this great gift of motherhood.  When I was younger, I was never overly fond of children.  I didn't quite know how I would raise my own kids since I didn't know if I had it in me to love a child enough to sacrifice everything for them.
But when my first born was placed into my arms, those fears instantly melted away.  I've never known greater love and fulfillment than having a child rely wholly upon me and the love and nurture I can give them.  
Motherhood is a gift, given to us from Heavenly Father.  He has entrusted in us the blessing and responsibility to care for His children here on Earth.  I know that I fall short many times, but I am grateful for the many wonderful examples of stalwart and faithful mothers that have taught me what I can do to be better.  Starting with my own Mother.

And so, Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there!


No comments: