Mitch has been talking about wanting to buy a scooter for many, many months.
Granted, I understand the convenience of it, I do!
It's small, gas is cheap, zipping through traffic is quick and parking is free and plentiful!
BUT, it's also super dangerous! Cars often can't see you and if you happen to get into an accident, there is virtually ZERO protection for you!
I've always said, NO, no, no...but finally caved in and told him he could get it.
He found one just this week and is very happy with his find. He says it's a good bike. He has also promised me that he will always wear a helmet and avoid driving on the freeway.
It still makes me super nervous, but I am happy that Mitch is happy with his new toy.
And the kids are absolutely loving the short rides he gives them up and down the street.
This also makes me very nervous and to be honest, I don't like it one bit...but it's hard to deny the smiles on these kids faces when he lets them go for a short ride.
Please, let's hope he never has to experience the dangers of riding a scooter on Hawaii's crowded streets!

No comments:
Post a Comment