28 March 2014

anna's karate exam: green belt!

This week, Anna wasn't feeling too well.
She stayed home from school a couple of days...but felt well enough to try for her green belt at this quarter's karate exam.


You can't tell, but she is so very tired here.
She came home and took a nap afterwards.


 Anyway, here she is lining up to take her exam.
They usually have it at Kapolei High School, but for some reason they decided to hold it right in their Dojo, which I was grateful for.  Having to only drive 30 minutes is always far preferable to driving close to an hour!

 And here we are!
Great Job, Anna!
We are SO proud of her accomplishments, and her dedication to the sport of Karate.  
I admit, when I first signed her up, I wasn't sure how long she would last.  I thought her desire to learn Karate would eventually fade and wane, but after nearly one year, she seems to continue to enjoy it as well and thrive in learning her new kata's and techniques.
Yay, Anna!

No comments: