29 November 2013

gobble gobble, thanksgiving 2013

I'm ashamed to admit that I've been sorely lacking in my picture taking lately.
This Thanksgiving has FLOWN by without my even realizing it!
Thanksgiving this year was pretty typical of our usual fare...albeit toned down a bit.

 Jolee made a turkey out a milk carton at school...and even made a leather headband with a feather to commemorate the Indians.  Not sure how politically correct those last two items are...but she loved that headband and wore it more than just once.

 Since I neglected to capture a picture of our turkey or food spread, I will simply show a couple (literally, a couple) of pictures of the kids eating their Thanksgiving food.


As I mentioned earlier, Thanksgiving this year was pretty sparse.
We didn't do anything fancy, didn't rent a beach house or invite a ton of friends...but simply got together with our family for a nice meal.
I am so very thankful for my family-immediate and extended.  
We don't get together as often as our kids would like, but every time we do, I am reminded of how blessed we are to live by so much family!  And that we all get along and our kids get to grow up with their cousins being their best friends.  These are things that I never got to experience as a child and hope my kids appreciate once they get older!
The love of family, of the Gospel, and good health and happiness are so much more important than any material thing we can buy at the store.  
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: