31 October 2013

halloween 2013

Halloween this year was a mellow affair.  Since selling our townhouse and moving into our rental in the ghettos of Lower Pearl City, added to the stress of trying to find a new home in our desired neighborhood (that we can actually afford), Halloween costumes and decorations have been the furthest thing from my mind!  
So, poor Seavey kids had to make due with whatever I could muster together in a very limited time frame.  But, then again, when all is said and done...it's really all about the candy anyway, right?  Right.

 We DID managed to carve our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch this week! Yay!
The quality of the carving may be a little lacking...but the kids each got to choose their own designs and Daddy graciously carved their desired jack-o-lanterns.  
And since we live in Hawaii, they were carved ON Halloween day...and will be thrown away the day AFTER Halloween to ensure we don't get bombarded with flies and roaches and any other pesky creatures we'd rather not invite onto our doorstep thankyouverymuch.

 Poor Kaden.  He totally got jipped on costumes this year, but since he is NOT one for extra clothing and random accessories, we kept it simple.  Mitch cut out a "steering wheel" out of cardboard and painted it black.  I drew on a little stubble (that smeared and just looked like a dirty face after 5 minutes) and we called him a truck driver.  I know, not my best work, but he was happy so we called it good.

 Anna and Jolee both wanted to be monarch butterflies.  
I bought these wings and fuzzy antennae off the internet, and dressed them up in all black and we were good to go.  Easy and simple!  Sure, I could have done better with some make up and or sparkles here and there...but I didn't.  
Please remember: We just moved.  And are living in the ghettos.  And frantically searching for a new home.  
Halloween costumes were number 99 on our list of important things to do.

 Kela was a cowgirl.  She actually kind of looks like a sheriff (probably because the costume package said sheriff on it!) and I had to FORCE her to wear that bandana scarf, but in the end, she was content to be a girl cowgirl/sheriff.  

 Kela with her cousins Hugo (Obiwan?) and Luke (Gohan).


Happiest of Halloweens to you all!
And hope you got just as much candy as we did.  Which was a lot.  

No comments: