08 April 2013

happy birthday daddy!

Today was Mitch's birthday and lucky for him, he had the day off!
And lucky for me, we are finally the same age once again!
(it's tough being married to a younger guy!)

 Anyway, when asked what he wanted to do on his special day, he told me that all he wanted to do was hit the beach and do some SUP!
And so, SUP he did!

I jogged around Magic Island with the kids (no Tiger Tots today!) while Mitch took out the SUP board and hit the ocean for a little bit of relaxation and exercise.  
Which, I know, sounds awfully like an oxymoron but it isn't! If you've never SUP'd before, it's hard to explain, but it totally IS relaxing and a great workout at the same time!

 On our last lap, we saw Mitch paddling out close to us so we stopped and let the kids try and chase him down.  He didn't see us, but Kaden sure saw and recognized Daddy from a far!  

And then later that night after dinner, I busted out the teeny tiny cake I bought at the Sanrio store to sing "Happy Birthday" to Daddy with.
You can't see, but there's a chocolate Hello Kitty candy on the top that the girls got to share. :)
Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments: