01 January 2013

Happy New Years!!

I can't believe 2012 is over!!  Where did the time go?!
So, continuing on with the Holiday festivities, we all got together once again for New Year's at my sister Airi's house.  On the menu for this special night was SUSHI!

 Here I am helping to roll out the spicy ahi and california roll sushi...while Seina helped with cutting them up.  I probably got the easier job...have you ever tried to cup up a sushi roll?  
Not so easy!  I know this because after Seina gave up, I cut up the rest of the rolls as well.  


My plate of food.  SO good!


And per tradition...as we got closer to ringing in the new year, we made some Okinawa Soba and inari sushi to munch on while we waited for the clock to strike midnight.
Okinawa Soba is a favorite amongst ALL the kids.

 
Happy New Year 2013!!
Can you see the fireworks in the back??  Probably not very clearly since this was taken with my camera phone...but the view from Airi's lanai is quite spectacular!  What a fun and relaxing way to watch the Waikiki fireworks!


Here's one of my favorite Holiday treats: Zenzai.  Sweet red bean soup with mochi balls.  Mmmm!

 Atau holding baby Nixon in the football hold...the Heisman trophy pose?

 Here we ALL are! 


And to end the night...we celebrated Jonas' 16th birthday!
I cannot believe my nephew is SIXTEEN Years old!!  
Happy Birthday Jonas, and a Happy New Years to all!
Let's hope that 2013 brings many happy blessings and adventures to blog about!

No comments: