27 July 2012

one last huzzah...at the zoo

School's almost back in session...and so as one last huzzah before school starts back up, we decided to hit the zoo.  I mean, we've been to the pool (too many times to count) and the beach (ditto) so we figure why not the zoo!  Plus, Mitch was working and if I don't have to worry about Kaden drowning or getting swept away by the sea, then I say it's a good day!
So, we hit the zoo with my good friend Noelle and my sister Elika.  Oh, and our respective kids, of course.
Let me just start off by saying it was a HOT day.
Little wind, and lots of sunshine.  
In retrospect, the pool or beach probably would have been a tad more refreshing, but like I said, we were all husband-less, and so staying on dry land was definitely the easier route.
 See?  Hot day, huh?
And since Kaden refused to sit still in the stroller, I had to plop him on top of the canopy while I strolled around the zoo.
 And...since I'm being honest, the reptiles and monkeys were the only animals we saw.
After the herpetarium, the kids were hungry so we headed to the playground/kiddie zoo area.

Where we ate our lunch.
Spam musubis, capri sun and grapes.  :)

Well...most of the kids ate lunch.
Kaden just ran away from me.  
Like always.
 At least when he wasn't holding his cousin's hand.

 Or, playing at the playground.
This particular circular disc-thingy was his favorite.

 So, we stayed at the playground...because the kids seemed to really enjoy it here.

 Kaden was in heaven.
He loves to slide...
 ...to climb on things...

 ...or hang on things...
 ...not to mention climb through things...

 ...and slide some more.

 He also wrestled an alligator...

 ...tried to pet a peacock...

 ...made friends with a koi fish...

 ...befriended a goat...

...and built a fort out of legos.

 Jojo played on the playground, too...
But mostly, she ran around with her favorite cousin, Justus.

These two are trouble whenever they get together!

Kela found a bar to hang from...

While Anna was pretty tame in simply wandering around with her juice.

And Knox...he LOVES slides.

I'd post more pictures of all the other animals we saw...except that we DIDN'T see any more animals!
No.  We stayed in the Keiki Zoo/Playground all day!
Oh well, at least the kids had fun and us parents didn't have to walk all around the entire zoo.
A successful day, if I do say so myself!  :)

No comments: