I almost can't believe Kela is old enough to get baptized!!
It sounds cliche, I know...but it truly feels like it was just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital and being brand new parents for the first time!
And now, she's eight years-old and and ready to get baptized!
Half way to the church for Kela's baptism, I realized that I forgot to pack the leis I made for her!
You can't go to a baptism without a lei, right?!
So, with my mad dash back to the house and than back to the church, I ended up being a tad late to Kela's baptismal service. And since I was scheduled to give the opening prayer, I was really nervous that I wouldn't make it on time...but luck was on my side and I somehow managed to arrive right in the nick of time.
So, with all that hullabaloo, I missed the opportunity to snap some decent pictures of Kela before the baptism.
This was the only one I got...and it's a tad blurry, but at least I got it!
Oh, and this one. Which happens to be in the changing room right before she entered the font.
I'm pretty sure I was more nervous and excited than she was!
The baptism was quick...but beautiful.
Mitch did a great job! :)
This is Sister Bell...her CTR teacher.
She gave the talk, and did a wonderful job. Kela loves her.
Look at all those leis!
Kela was probably more excited about the presents and candy than the actual baptismal service!
Just kidding...
Here was all the family that came out to her baptism.
The angle is a bit weird, I know...it's because there were cars parked right in front of us, and the sun was shining right above so we had to be a bit creative with the camera positioning.
In retrospect, we probably should have rearranged ourselves to a better position.
Or, moved to an entirely different location.
But oh well...at least you can see all of us!
We missed having Airi and her family with us on this day...she was still in the mainland with her family!
:(
Here we are with Grandpa and Grandma Seavey.
SO lucky that they were here for her baptism!
Me and Kela.
I'm so proud of her!!
I'm so proud of her!!
Our family!! ♥
After the baptismal service, we had a family dinner celebration at our house.
Sushi and chicken karaage.
My favorite. I know...I probably should have made Kela's favorite food. But in my defense, Kela also loves both sushi and chicken wings so I figure it's a win-win situation!
I mean, who doesn't like spicy tuna and california rolls, right?
In all seriousness, this was truly a great day! And I can't begin to describe how happy I was to see Kela making the decision to get baptized and follow her Savior's example. I know she has a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And I know that she knows that by entering the waters of baptism, she has made the choice to become a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
I am so proud of my girl!
And feel so blessed to have an Eternal Family! ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment