July 19th, our Jolee turned 4 years old!
I can't believe it. As our most accident-prone offspring, there were times I worried we'd never see her 4th birthday...but thankfully, she has continued to stay (relatively) safe and healthy and has been blessed with welcoming yet another birthday.
We actually celebrated her birthday 2 weeks ago at my sister's house with her cousin Luke. His birthday is just 2 week before Jojo's and so we thought it prudent to combine both her and Luke's birthdays into one family celebration.
Here are the birthday duo.
Both turned 4 this year, just 2 weeks apart.
For some reason, Jojo wasn't too interested in blowing out the candles.
She was, however, interested in licking the frosting off of them, though.
Kaden likes cake.
No surprise there. He's a Daddy's boy through and through...
Me and my Jojo.
I can't believe she's FOUR!
Jojo's cake was left frosting-less on her plate after this.
Not so much into cake, this girl.
Frosting, yes. Cake, no.
Kaden will gravitate towards anything that moves with wheels.
Even if it's taller than him.
Jojo and Luke, exercising all that cake off, I'm sure.
And then hitting the pool afterwards.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Flash forward 2 weeks and here we are on Jolee's actual birthday.
July 19th, we decided to celebrate with some cousins at the splash park.
It turned out to be a gorgeous day, and perfect for the splash park.
Except that Kaden, as always wasn't too big on the spraying water.
He spent most of the time running around the splash park, at the adjoining playground, or hiding in the shade of his stroller. Go figure.
The rest of the kids, however, loved the water.
And since it was Jolee's birthday, after the splash park we headed to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream for the kids.
Who doesn't like ice cream, right?
And it was especially fortunate for my kids that I bought each of them their very own cup (instead of the usual sharing of one...they have Mitch being at work to thank for that!)
Oh... well, except for Kaden.
He ate half of mine.
Hmm...maybe a whole cup of ice cream per child wasn't the smartest thing to do this afternoon.
I'm pretty sure the rest of the ice cream diners and store employees enjoyed screaming and laughing kids running back and forth across the store. (sigh)
But, since it was Jojo's birthday after all, I think they deserved a bit of fun and running amok.
Happy Birthday to my Stinky Face!
We love her to pieces!
(but not literally, since we'd much rather have her whole and in one healthy piece, thank you very much!)

No comments:
Post a Comment