Summer break is winding down and we've been keeping pretty busy this Summer!
Nearly every day has been spent with cousins, friends, or with Grandma and/or Grandpa.
But now and again, we find ourselves having a lazy, quiet day with just us.
It's days like this that I'm grateful we have 4 children to keep one another occupied and happy.
They get along for the most part and usually have fun playing together without any major arguments or blowups.
This was one of those days.
We came to town to run some errands, and had a few minutes to ourselves, just me and the kids.
I had Mitch drop me off at Ala Moana beach park for about an hour, so the four of us decided to walk around Magic Island.
Here we are at the start.
Kaden is ready to hit the pavement and go exploring!
Watching the boats go by and trying to see if there are any fish swimming by.
There happened to be a local fisherman throwing a net...who actually caught a couple of fish!
Sorry I didn't take a picture of him.
I was too busy trying to keep this kid from falling into the water!
We ended up at the lagoon at the end of Magic Island. Kaden wanted to go out to where the older two were digging in the sand, but he wasn't too keen on getting sand in his shoes.
This was as far as he got.
He did, however, like walking along this short wall that runs all along the edge of the lagoon.
Notice the firm grip I have on his hand?
It was to ensure he didn't run himself right off the wall!
All too soon, our time was up and we had to head back. Here we stopped by for a few minutes to check out beautiful Diamond Head. Or, I stopped to look at Diamond Head. I think the girls were too busy looking into the water trying to find some crabs climbing on the rocks.
We sure do feel fortunate to live in such a beautiful place!
And I feel fortunate for kids who enjoy being with one another just as much as with friends and cousins.
Notice the firm grip I have on his hand?
It was to ensure he didn't run himself right off the wall!
All too soon, our time was up and we had to head back. Here we stopped by for a few minutes to check out beautiful Diamond Head. Or, I stopped to look at Diamond Head. I think the girls were too busy looking into the water trying to find some crabs climbing on the rocks.
We sure do feel fortunate to live in such a beautiful place!
And I feel fortunate for kids who enjoy being with one another just as much as with friends and cousins.

No comments:
Post a Comment