08 April 2012

easter + mitch's birthday

Happy Easter!
Well okay, to be totally honest, this year's Easter Sunday was the longest day in history.
We started the day SUPER early in Arizona...(3AM Hawaii time, to be exact), flew home to Hawaii on a 6 hour flight from Arizona, frantically cleaned house, went to church for 3 hours, and then came home to celebrate Easter with my family.
Like I said. Longest. Day. Ever.

Oh, and it was also Mitch's birthday!


So, after rushing home from church, we gathered together with my brother and sister and their families to hunt for eggs.
The candy-filled, plastic kind.
Oh, and since we were limited to using only our house's downstairs...we had to get creative with hiding the over 80+ eggs. I mean, there's only SO many places to hide eggs when you're talking about a 600 square foot area!
And uh, don't mind the mess.
I usually don't.

:)

We hid some eggs in our diaper basket...


A few in and under the high chair...


On our dining table...


And even some up high.
Like I said...we had to get creative!



It was over in a flash (obviously...my house is tiny!)


But the kids had fun, and got way more candy than necessary.
And even though this isn't what Easter is truly about...for kids, this is second to simply spending time with family.
Which equals a successful Easter celebration in my book.
Even though it was literally the longest day I can recall...it was a great day nonetheless.


Oh, and like I mentioned before, today also happened to be Mitch's birthday.
Yay!
He's as old as me now!

No comments: