Happy Birthday to our Anna Banana!!
I can't believe she's SIX years-old already!
When we were discussing what to do for her birthday, I knew that a party at the zoo would be just the thing.
She is our animal-lover, after all!
I mean, how many girls go straight to the non-fiction section of the library to borrow any and every book on animals...more specifically, reptiles?!
Yup, that's our Anna.
So, a party at the Zoo it was!
First part of the day was the craft.
Just some paper animal masks for the kids to color.
I thought this was kinda juvenile...but little did I know that ALL the kids enjoyed this. From the 3 year-olds, to the 11 year-olds...yes, the ALL went crazy with the masks.
Who knew?!
| Here's Jolee..channeling the bear within. While Kashus tries to escape. |
All the kiddos with their masks.
See what I mean about everyone and their masks?
First on the tour was to visit the Komodo Dragon.
Why? You shall see later.
Then it was the tortoises...on the way to the...
| Reptile house. Because Anna loves reptiles. |
Look! Honolulu Zoo finally has some snakes!!
So, another fun part of the day was that the kids got to feed the fish in the pond under the apes.
Apparently the fish food was kinda stinky...but kids don't really care about that, right?
They loved it!
| Jolee...checking out the fishies... |
| Oh, and the lucky girl even got a special souvenir from the tour. That's a real alligator tooth!! |
| Anna and her cake. |
You'll recall they visited the Komodo Dragon exhibit first on their tour...
Well, part of the zoo package was a cake with an animal of their choice.
And rather than a cute tiger or toucan...my Anna chose a Komodo Dragon.
Yea, no surprise for us there.
| Anna and her friends eating their pizza. |
After pizza was the cake.
The Komodo cake.
| Which was very yummy, by the way. |
Oh, and don't forget about the ice cream.
Seriously, how cool was this party?!
The birthday girl!
Happy, happy birthday to Anna!!
(it's gonna be pretty hard to top this party...!)

1 comment:
Looks like the kids had a blast! And I think you are one smart mommy!
Post a Comment