19 February 2012

feeding ducks and looking for bugs.

This past week, I headed out to Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens in Kaneohe with my two sisters.
We decided to head out for some exercise (pushing our strollers through the winding and hilly roads are a great work out!) and then at the pond to let the kids feed the ducks there.
I've been there before. And the ducks there are pretty aggressive! And hungry!


The only bread I had was some of the fresh bread I had made the night before (see previous post!) so all I have to say is...lucky ducks! ha ha ha...



Jolee loves feeding the ducks. I made sure she stayed on the benches because, as I mentioned before, the ducks aren't afraid of people so can be pretty aggressive in getting some food!
One even flew up onto the bench next to Jojo when she accidentally dropped a piece!


Kaden wasn't too thrilled to be stuck in his stroller so I pulled him out for a bit.


But had to keep a firm hold on him the whole time since he kept trying to jump off the bench!


Kaden and the white duck having a stare-down.


I know, I should have taken a better picture with Jojo and her cousin Justus.
But I forgot. But you can sort of see him in the background, right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And then at Jojo's preschool, we spent the morning outside searching for bugs with a magnifying glass.


Albeit a toy one...but good for kiddies to go a-bug huntin'.



Kaden...didn't want to be held too long.
But I managed to snap this picture before he...

...started wandering away. Like he always does.


Jolee, however, liked the magnifying glass.


And delved into her search for some bugs.


This is her "stop taking pictures of me!" pose.


So, she didn't find too many bugs to look at.
But she did find some seeds!



While Kaden started wandering the other way...


Jolee discovered these seeds.


After bug (and seed) hunting... the kids played with bubbles.
Which Kaden LOVED.

I mean, who doesn't love bubbles, right?


This girl does!


As well as snacks.
Kids love snacks too.

No comments: