Monday, January 16th was Martin Luther King Jr. Day....I heard that my hometown of Seattle, Washington was getting hit with a TON of snow this day.
And thought to myself how odd it was that while my family and friends were shoveling snow and celebrating some winter flurries, I was getting the kids' swimsuits packed up and ready to hit the beach!Seems like such a world away!
Anyway, it being a holiday, we were a little worried we wouldn't get a decent parking spot in Waikiki...but lucky for us, we all somehow managed to find good parking at San Souci's (Kaimana) beach.
The menu was grilled chicken, vegetable kabobs, grilled steak, and spam musubi.
That last one was my contribution, by the way. :)
That last one was my contribution, by the way. :)
Before lunch, we all headed out to the beach for some fun in the sun...
Rumi.
How many 8 year old girls do you know that would happily pose with a giant sea cucumber in their hand?
I only know of one.
How many 8 year old girls do you know that would happily pose with a giant sea cucumber in their hand?
I only know of one.
While Kaimana beach isn't my favorite (stronger waves, steeper drop off, very little parking...) this is probably the safest place for the kids.
Next to the Waikiki Natatorium is the shallowest and calmest part of the beach.
No wonder that most of the little ones naturally gravitate towards this area.
Next to the Waikiki Natatorium is the shallowest and calmest part of the beach.
No wonder that most of the little ones naturally gravitate towards this area.
I'm bummed I accidentally cut Mitch's head off in this picture.
The look on Kaden's face had me in stitches...
The look on Kaden's face had me in stitches...
Have I mentioned that Kaden LOVES the beach?
He does.
And has NO fear of the waves.
Which makes for one very paranoid Mama & Papa.
He does.
And has NO fear of the waves.
Which makes for one very paranoid Mama & Papa.
It's too bad the water was a bit too rough for paddle boarding (not leisurely at least) but that didn't stop the kids from having fun on it anyway!
And with a 10.5' paddle board...a LOT of kids were able to float around and enjoy it!
And with a 10.5' paddle board...a LOT of kids were able to float around and enjoy it!
Kaden post swim.
My island baby.
My island baby.
Anna.
Pretty good balance, huh?
Pretty good balance, huh?
Lunch time with cousins and friends.
Marques and some of the older kids went out and caught an ANGEL FISH!!
While Kaden caught Jolee...
Towards the evening, after much of the waves died down, Mitch took some of the little ones out on the paddle board for a spin.
And then Kela got a turn all by herself.
(not pictured is Mitch's hand, holding on to the board to make sure she doesn't float away.)
(not pictured is Mitch's hand, holding on to the board to make sure she doesn't float away.)
Me and my baby boy after a LONG but fabulously fun day!
To check out the pictures I took that day, check them out HERE!
To check out the pictures I took that day, check them out HERE!

No comments:
Post a Comment