The Halloween Post.
No, we didn't celebrate Halloween three times.
But that's not to say that I didn't have to attend 3 separate Halloween-themed activities.
Confused?
No, we didn't celebrate Halloween three times.
But that's not to say that I didn't have to attend 3 separate Halloween-themed activities.
Confused?
Just don't think too hard and read along.
Our front porch.
No Jack-O-Lanterns for the Seavey household this year.
We preferred to showcase NON-moldy pumpkins on our porch, thank you very much.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
PART 1
There, she got to help clean out a pumpkin.
I was actually quite shocked Jolee was brave enough to get in there and scoop out the goo!
She's usually our clean freak...who can't stand having dirty hands and is constantly wanting to wash them.
She obviously wasn't afraid of the slimy, messy, gooey gunk that is pumpkin guts.
Mrs. Neill ( her teacher ) made these cute little Halloween bags for each student to put their Halloween treasures she hid around the class inside.
Jolee thought it made a perfect had instead.
Some of the fun things Mrs. Neill hid that the kids got to hunt for?
A stick that makes an annoying noise when tilted, a loud castanet-looking toy, some stickers and a small pumpkin.
By next week, I predict only one of the above items will remain in our house.
I'll give you a hint...it isn't loud or perishable.
Here's some of her classmates.
ALL the other children are 2 years old, while Jolee -the oldest- is 3 1/2.
Betcha couldn't tell, eh?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
PART 2
Friday night was our ward's Halloween party.
Since Mitch was busy helping them set up, I had to get all the kids ready and to the chapel on time, all by myself.
What's new, right?
In case you can't tell...Kela is a cheetah (although it's sort of a cop-out costume since that dress is an actual dress, NOT a costume), Anna is a Cheerleader (costume courtesy of her cousin Aya), and Jolee was a cute little bumblebee (which all I had to do was sew on some yellow ribbons onto a black t shirt).
Kaden wore an orange onesie.
I've learned my lesson...babies and costumes DO NOT a happy combination make.
Kela and her Cheetah ears...the ONLY thing that turns this outfit into somewhat of a costume.
She wouldn't even let me paint a nose and whiskers or put the tail on!!
Where she gets this aversion to costumes, I have NO idea!
Just kidding...did I mention that neither Mitch nor I dressed up?
Need I mention that Mitch and I NEVER dress up?
Anyhoo - here's Daddy taking our bumblebee Jolee to the activity rooms.
Those bee wings and antennae headband were courtesy of Mitch's mom.
Who LOVES to shop at thrift stores and dollar stores for fun things for my girls.
While I don't care much for most of the things she gifts them...this particular find turned out to be brilliant! Thanks, Mom!
After running it up on the XBox Kinect activity room.
The game? Wipeout.
It was hilarious!
And despite the fact that I am anti-video games...it made me want to get one for our family for Christmas!
Of course, it all depends on whether I can convince Mitch to agree with me...
They even had a bobbing for apples bucket!
I was absolutely wary of allowing Anna to even touch that water (knowing how many other kids had plunged their faces and mouths into that same water makes me feel like throwing up a little...) But she really wanted to try.
In the end, she barely put her nose in the water and fished the apple out with her hands instead.
Good girl.
At the end of the evening, the kids relaxed and munched on their candy while the adults cleaned up.
In case you were wondering, little Luke is "Thor-kachu"
Apparently some hybrid of Thor and Pikachu.
Points for creativity?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
PART 3
And finally...Halloween Day.
And can I just start off by saying that having Halloween on a weekday was LAME!
Ok, beyond that, the kids had fun walking around the neighborhood collecting candy from strangers with their cousins.
And the neighbor girl.
Who decided to come along with us, sans invitation.
Because her Dad said it was OK.
Even though "I" didn't say it was OK.
But whatever.
We only went down ONE street and one stretch of Town homes.
But that took nearly an hour!
That's how fast a 3 year-old walks with big wings on her back and a heavy bag of candy dangling from her arm.
Almost can't blame the older kids for running ahead at every opportunity.
Which they got soundly scolded for afterwards...
But I suppose a child could overcome a variety of fears when candy is involved...
This house was just one street above us.
And was the scariest house on our route.
With scary decor, spooky noises and a smoke machine, I had to literally DRAG Jolee inside the gate!
And then...once we were done begging for candy, we headed home so I could make dinner.
While Kela and Anna had fun passing out candy to the other Trick-or-treaters who came our way.
Don't judge... but the candy in the box is basically all the junk candies we had received the day before and didn't want...one man's junk is another man's treasure, right?
And then...to finish off the night (not to mention, the junk candy), I placed this box outside on our front porch with a sign asking kids to take only one.
After a few minutes, the girls peeked outside to find the box nearly empty!
Anna's funny observation, "Mommy, I think some people took more than one!"
To which Kela opined, "Maybe they couldn't read?"
And Anna's reply? "Because they're SPANISH!"
Hahaha...the funny things that go through the minds of a little child.
And the even funnier things that come out of their little mouths!
To check out the other pictures I took related to Halloween, click HERE!
Sure hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween as well!!
Now, onto Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:
Yumi, so fun to see pics of the old chapel... I miss that building! I loved the Halloween activities they had there, do they still make the haunted maze out of cardboard boxes by the primary room? So fun. Love your blog.
Post a Comment