14 September 2011

labor day picnic

It's become sort of a ritual.
Every Labor Day, our ward sets up a huge tent and holds a big BBQ / Picnic at the beach.
This year, it was at Magic Island-at Ala Moana beach park.
We LOVE Magic Island.
It's usually our go-to beach because of the calm, shallow water, showers, and parking.
We were there ALL DAY.
And by all day, I really mean ALL DAY LONG!
And we all brought back a pinkish sunburn to prove it!


The first thing we did upon arriving was hit the beach.
Duh!
What else is there to do, right?
Here's Anna paddling out on the boogie board.


Whoop!
Standing up!

...And then falling in.

Look at these two.
It's not enough that they are inseparable whenever we get together with the Kurihara's.
Now they gotta MATCH, too?!


After the morning swim, it was time for games.
We had quite a few games.
I took quite a few pictures, too.
But I won't post them here. No, I'll post them HERE.

While most of the kids were busy running around playing games and shoving their faces in whipping cream (see HERE for those pics), these two were playing it cool.
As in, staying cool in the shade.
Smart, them!

Me and Kaden.
His lunch was sweet potato, corn & apple.
(In case you were interested...)


After everyone had lunch, it was time to bust out the shave ice machine.
Yep, our ward goes ALL OUT!
Here's Jolee...waiting patiently.

Still waiting...

Ahhh, satisfaction!

Anna and her shave ice.

Who doesn't like shave ice on a hot day?!
Obviously none of these kids. :)


The kids (cousins) and Aunty Jean.
Our surrogate Aunty.

Awww...nothing says "I love you" like a bouquet of weeds, huh?

After lunch, it was back into the ocean!

Let me tell you...it was pure torture trying to get a decent picture of all the kids in the water.
Believe me when I say...this was one of the best ones.


And since Paul brought out his paddle boards, most of the adults took turns paddling out.
Here are Mitch and Jonas (okay, not an adult, but teenager! Yikes, when did he get so big?!) after their turn out over the surf.
Notice Mitch is dry...while Jonas came back sporting a nice scrape on his feet and back from the coral reef. Ouch!

Me and my baby.
No, we didn't put Kaden into the water this time.

Squirmy baby + sand = too much work for me!



And notice it's sunset?!
Did I mention we were there ALL DAY?!
But, fun was definitely had by all...and that's what holidays are all about, right?!
Right.

Okay, one last time. To look at all the other pictures I took on Monday the 5th of September, click HERE!

No comments: