21 April 2010

no cavities!!

All three of our girls had their teeth cleaned a couple of days ago.
And thankfully...NO cavities!!
(well...technically, Kela had a one tiny cavity filled last week, but at least no new ones!)

And since she's 21 months old...we thought it was high time for Jolee to have her first go in the chair as well.
Of course, I sat with her, just to be safe. Wouldn't you know it...she didn't even fuss! She patiently sat there, opened her mouth for the typical cleaning and even the flossing!


Why, does a 21 month old need her teeth flossed, you ask?
Genetics.

Her father had to have 3 teeth pulled in order for the orthodontist to slap on his braces in high school.
( I know...can you imagine having braces in high school? Poor guy!)
Have you ever seen a child with baby teeth totally crowded together? That's our girls.

So, with his genetic disposition to have crooked, crowded teeth...my girls pretty much have NO hope of a decent smile.
We even got a look at Kela's x-rays...and could visually see her adult teeth making their way through. Crooked, of course!

*sigh*
Forget about a college fund...I suppose I should start a separate "braces fund" for all three girls right about now.

3 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I hear you! We might just have to borrow from their college fund to pay for braces. Actually, Lucy's are pretty straight, but Alice's are crazy crooked! Poor girl. She probably end up like me - I had to have a couple teeth pulled and braces slapped on.

Jaymie Tyau said...

I'm scared to take Nolan to the dentist. Brushing his teeth is such an ordeal EVERYDAY. I don't think he's going to give the dentist a break either. Im glad Jolee was good, even for flossing.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! She did SO well!! Brennen screamed bloody murder at 3 - so, we waited until 4. Poor guy, he had to rely on my teeth brushing skills for so long! Your girls have beautiful smiles!