01 March 2010

whoa, olympics!




For the past 2 weeks or so...I've been GLUED to the tube.

Seriously, between 7 - 11 pm, there's been no Animal Planet, no Dora the Explorer, or any other video.

Just NBC and the Olympics.

It happens only every 4 years (well, if you count the Summer games, then every 2 years...), and truth be told, this whole "getting into the Olympics" is pretty new for me. The Beijing Summer Olympics 2 years ago was the first time that I actually sat down and watched the sports!

So, when I realized that the Olympics were starting-I became "one of those people." You know, the type of person that yells for people to hush during the competitions, that watches and waits for the recaps and replays, and even sits around for the interviews.

How pathetic, right?



I mean, I even watched Cross-Country Skiing!!

Did you see it? Can you believe these guys are actually skiing uphill? UPHILL!!

Who does that?!


Then there's the Alpine skiing.

I'm no expert...but I can't help but think that human beings just shouldn't be speeding down a slope on skis at speeds that exceed my car on the freeway! With only a helmet? Really!

And of course, I had my favorite athletes that I was rooting for.

I have to admit...I am a short track fan.


I love Apolo Ohno. I really do...but THIS GUY?-
Is he not just the cutest?
I was totally rooting for him.
(click the pic for JR's website & read about his awesome story!)
Now that the Olympics are all done...I have NO idea what I'm gonna watch on TV anymore!

2 comments:

Takuya said...

Grandma Joanie also thinks highly of Apolo. You must have feelings for these hapa boys.

Yumi said...

Gah, I don't know Apolo's full background. I know his dad is Nihonjin...but is his mom Ha'ole?
I DO love Apolo & was totally cheering him on, but I've totally become a fan of JR Celski. He's hapa Filipino/Ha'ole. He he he But more, what an awesome athlete! I hope he continues and competes in Sochi!