20 January 2010

da beach

Last weekend was a 4-day weekend for Kela.
How you ask? With our "Furlough Friday" landing in conjunction with Martin Luther King Jr. day...we had to wrack our brains for ideas on how to entertain the kids over such a long break~!
Ok. That's not all that true.
I mean, with this gorgeous weather...what else IS there to do?

We headed out to Ala Moana beach for the day on Saturday.
And stayed ALL DAY!
Way too long, if measured by the nice sunburn I acquired on my shoulders and back, thank you very much!
We met up with all the little cousins...

Baby Justus (hope you don't mind this pic, Elika...) didn't like the water that much. I think it was a bit too cold for his taste.
I mean, it IS winter and all!


See? Much happier in the shade of Aunty Airi.
Boy, he's white, though!
Someone needs some vitamin D exposure!

Ahh...to enjoy weather like this in the dead of winter is truly why we LOVE living in Hawaii!!


For more pics of the day...check out here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun! We were in the sun as well but unfortunately, it was at a baseball field. :(

Janee said...

Ah I love Ala Moana! Beautiful! Seriously, we are coming out as soon as we recover from Christmas. No joke.