11 October 2009

hisashiburi!

Seriously, Long Time No See!!!
I know I'm WAAAYY behind on blogging...and not to make excuses, but things really have been quite busy around here!
And I'm forewarning you...I haven't had a chance to "digiscrap" these photos so please bear with the large quantity of photos-
although technically...and other bloggers can attest that it takes more effort uploading numerous pictures and rearranging them than it does to simply upload a single collage, so...you know. Keep that in mind. (just kidding)
My cousins from Japan came over to visit Hawaii last week on their way to Seattle to see my parents. I hadn't seen them in AGES! Seriously, we're talking 10+ years! Since I don't have too many cousins (and the ones I do have are far, far away...) it was GREAT getting in touch with some family from "across the pond" (that's Japan, for those unaware of my nationality).


Me (and Airi) and my 3 cousins Junko, Mayumi, & Risa.
Do we look alike? ha ha...probably not.


My uncle and cousins at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki.
It was a HOT, HOT day...
(come to think about it, it's been super hot everyday lately...)


Anna, Jolee and me cooling off in the water.
I love the beaches here...


Kela and Riho making sand something-or-others...Castles? Pies?
I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.


Jolee during one of the rare few moments she wasn't shoveling sand into her mouth or trying to body surf.
This girl loves the beach-and everything about it!



Anna and Daddy checking out the wildlife underwater.
Apparently there are quite a lot of fishies to look at!

Then....


Since it's Fall break (Hawaii has year-round school) finding activities to keep the kiddies occupied without FRYING TO DEATH from the heat is a lot easier said than done!

Here, we visited the Bishop Museum. And despite the A/C in the buildings, there were TONS of people there (duh, everyone thinking the same thing as us!) and it was HOT!




Entering the dinosaur exhibit.
So far, so good, right?



Anna NOT liking the dinosaur exhibit...
At all!


Jolee--future paleontologist, perhaps?


On our way home.
I think someone is a little TOO happy to leave...



And finally....

Another languid day at the beach...

This time, we got to paddle out on Uncle Paul's stand-up paddle board! Mitch and I got to try it out and I must say, it was FUN!
A little scary for me since I'm not too keen on the "open water" (I mean...we do have shark sightings, you know!) but it was beautiful and calm and I'm definitely hoping to head out again sometime...

A few more days and it's time to head back to school....
But, we're enjoying them in the meantime!

3 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update! Looks like fun times. Hope everything goes smoothly with the move. Exciting times!!

Mindy said...

I love, love all your cute pictures!! Your girls are adorable. :) Good luck with the move! I hate moving and don't envy you....but I'm sending helpful thoughts your way. :)

Anonymous said...

It has been super hot and the beach sounds like a great way to beat it! I wish I was more inclined towards outdoorsy things like you - we hit the movie theatre twice during break. Glad you didn't actually SEE any sharks!