Our little Jolee came into our lives. Two weeks early and catching her parents TOTALLY off-guard, but arriving quickly and safely.
As the baby of three girls...you can be sure that she is strong-willed, quite opinionated, and pretty darn tough. She gets hugged, tossed about, and plowed over on a daily basis. But because of all the attention, she also loves to be around kids. Loves to give wet kisses and cries when her sisters leave without her. Unfortunately for me, though, she has a SEVERE case of separation anxiety. With mostly me...but recently has gotten much better with Mitch. I used to have to rush through my showers because she would scream with Mitch! Sounds like an exaggeration, I know, but trust me when I say, the only time I had the use of both arms was when Jolee was sleeping or while I was in the shower. She was quite literally my hip accessory!
Now, at ONE year-old, Jolee can:
- Almost walk. She's taken 2 steps on her own...but can cruise very swiftly along the couch
- Feed herself. Although she still hates baby food. She's pretty adept at gumming all the table food we throw her way! Her favorites are: Rice (of course!), corn, mangoes, papayas, bananas, noodles, and cheerios.
- Climb up and onto anything and everything in her way. Slides, stairs, the couch, the beds...she's our little monkey!
- Clap, sign "please" (cho-dai in Japanese), say "da-da", and make a funny face on "cue."
And despite my best efforts, she shows NO sign of easing up on the nursing...weaning this child will probably entail a lot of wailing, restless nights and patience. I just may have to extend the deadline back a month or two...or three...


No comments:
Post a Comment