01 January 2009

1st food. 1st new year!

My little baby is just growing up waaay too fast!


This week, we decided it was time to spice up Jolee's daily menu. We added poi. We only gave her a tiny bit...and she didn't seem to not enjoy it. However, I think eating solid foods from a spoon will take some getting used to. As expected, she made a mess.





Then of course, last night it was off to my sister Airi's for the New Year's celebration. New Year's Eve also happens to be Jonas' birthday, so we all celebrated Jonas turning the BIG 1-2! You like the cheesecake tarts instead of a cake? I made those...yum! (if I do say so myself!)


And as always, my girls were excited about the fireworks...until they started popping, that is. You can see in every picture, they have their ears covered. Anna was okay with just covering her ears, but Kela started crying about 5 minutes into the festivities...needless to say, we stayed outside watching the fireworks display for only 6 minutes or so.
Jolee was the bravest one-she was absolutely mesmerized by all the bright sparks and noise! And, wouldn't you know it, they ALL lasted late enough to ring in the new year!
(that's my girls, for 'ya!)

And, here's little Luke and Jolee. Rolling around the floor and taking turns taking swings at eachother while the adults sang some Karaoke. It was open mic night and we all had a blast singing the night away~!
Ahem, can you see Luke taking a bite out of Jolee's head? I thought that pic was just too funny.




3 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy New Year!! I love your new blog layout! I love having kids close with my sister. We have kids just a few months apart and it is so fun! I would love your recipe for the tarts. They look awesome! :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like you guys had a fun night! We joked about doing a karaoke with the family, but it didn't happen. Happy 2009!!

Just Like A Starr said...

Your kids are too cute, Yumi!!! My Mom always tells me how cute baby is every time we talk...LOL!!!