Last night, I was home alone with the girls and it started storming. Rain, wind, thunder & lightning. When the lightning started, I got out our lanterns and candles...just in case. I actually love stormy weather, so we were all having fun! Until the power went out, that is! I was sure glad I had prepared the lanterns while the lights were still on!
So, we spent the rest of the evening in the dark.
Mitch was actually stuck at Honolulu Airport until close to midnight-3 hours after his scheduled clock-out time. With even the airports out of power, it was pretty much on lock-down! Very few flights were able to take off and land-so, I'm grateful that Mitch was stuck here in Honolulu, and not Hilo where he was supposed to fly!
Crazy, Crazy, night...the power eventually came back on at around 3 am for us. So, after an evening of playing games and drawing in the dark, we all slept in the living room-camp out style. :)
AND, I know, I know-I haven't posted any Holiday pictures...I'll get them up soon.


2 comments:
Hey, I hope everything is Ok. The blackout in Honolulu made the national news because Barack Obama was there on vacation.
I have to take your lead and PREPARE ahead of the actual blackout - not just take things for granted that we'll be ok in a pinch. Glad that you were able to have a "fun" evening with the girls.
Post a Comment