18 November 2008

mr. mom

Not to brag, but seriously, what guy would volunteer to take 4 kids to the mall - all by himself? And 2 of them aren't even his own kids! That's my Mitch. He occasionally takes Kumen off of my sister Airi's hands - sometimes at our house, but once in a while to the beach or the mall. Did I mention by himself?
Well, today I had to run a few errands with Airi so Mitch offered to take Kumen to the mall with Kela and Anna. My other sister Elika called and since she had some work errands to run, Mitch invited Aya along as well! So, Mitch braved the mall solo-with a 4 year old, and three 2-year old's in tow! And even managed to cram all four of them on to our stroller made for 2!

Yes, apparently, he did get a few surprised looks when he strolled around the mall looking like this.

And, the reason he went to the mall was for the "Keiki (kids) Time" activity. Today was balloons and face painting. They all got to bring home their "animal balloons" except for Kumen. Apparently, there were a couple of popped balloons which prevented them from getting their face painted (ran out of time), but the kids all still enjoyed the day at the mall with Daddy, a.k.a "Uncle Mitch."
*I apologize for the horrible quality of the pictures. I had the camera with me, so Mitch had to snap these with his camera phone - apparently, he was a bit shaky. But, you get the idea...

3 comments:

B, C and b said...

That's awesome! Does he want to take on one more toddler? Let me know and we will be there :) Bri is barely home enough to say good night! Ahhh! Well, at least we can call Uncle Mitch to be our sitter!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

You really did find a keeper with Mitch! But I'm not sure about the shaky hands, with his line of work ;)

Anonymous said...

Lad doesn't even want to take his own kids anywhere! He always negotiates to go by himself. The best thing about this outing with the kids is that he even thought to take a picture! You picked your husband very well! I'm inquiring about the return policy! ...just kidding...sort of :)