09 October 2008

let's get scrappin'!

Since the prospect of moving into a 3 bedroom house came up, all I could dream of was having my very own crafting room with a separate and distinct area for me to spread out and scrap away! Well, when we moved in, I realized that this was most likely not going to happen. Our third room became home to all of the girls' toys...and nothing but toys. Granted, it's wonderful to have a completely separate place for their toys as we were used to sharing EVERY OTHER ROOM with their endless piles of tutu's, dress shoes, stuffed animals, books, etc.
Anyway, long story short (too late, I know) all of my crafting stuff has been piled up in a corner at the back of the house since our move. Just thrown in a pile. Which is why I've been on this dang computer so much lately...unable to do my scrapbooking, I've drowned myself in blogging and facebook. Well, no more! We ( I should say, I) finally got a table to organize my "junk" (as Mitch would probably call it). It's not the dream craft room that I had hoped for, but it's sufficient for my needs. It's now a "craft-cubby". Although the pictures really don't show much significant difference, believe me, it's better than I've ever had.
Next task: Catch up on 5 months of scrapbooking back log!!
BEFORE:


AFTER
**And FYI, my lovely sister-in-law made that "Family Home Evening" sign for us...and since we were living in such a small place before, this was stowed away in the closet. Upon our move, we busted it out, anxious to finally put it together and up on the walls--but we seemed to have misplaced all the hardware to construct and mount it on the wall. Sorry, Collette! Hmmm...I'm sure it'll surface sometime. Somewhere... Eventually...

5 comments:

Janee said...

Good for you! If I were crafty, I'd totally want (need) a space like that!

Gini said...

I don't scrapbook, but I would love a space to sew my slings. I have to use the kitchen table and all my "junk" in stored in a corner in our bedroom! I would love to have your table.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry - I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere. But if I see the nails somewhere I'll pick some up. And yea! for the crafting space. Luckily, we have an office/craft room this time around so I don't have to craft on the floor or out of a closet. ;) LOL And since Brighton needed a play area he just took over the dining room. Gotta work with what we have, eh?

Mindy said...

You would die if you could see my junk/scrapbook corner! What am I saying? I would die if you could see my junk/scrapbook corner! Jason has been begging me to take care of it or put it somewhere else forever! I finally have started going digital but I just don't want to get rid of all my good stuff, ya know!? :) One of these days, maybe I'll surprise him and put it away! :) Do you do both digital and paper scrapbooking? P.S. Don't worry about being behind....I'm 4 years behind!!! YIKES!! :)

Yumi said...

Hey Gini! Did you notice my sewing machine under the table? I"m happy to have a place to do that, too. Yea, it used to simply be the kitchen table-but no more! :)
And Collette-Even though we have a separate room for the girls' toys, somehow, their "stuff" has still managed to infiltrate the dining and living rooms as well...
Mindy-I have started to do both. Eventually, when I catch up, I'll probably do hybrid scrapbooking-as I'm beginning to enjoy digital, but still love the 3-D elements...and that wayy, I have an excuse to keep all my stuff! :) It's a win-win!