Several weeks ago, on our drive to Kela's preschool, Kela explains to me where her preschool is. She says, "My preschool is the one with the blue hot dog, the red hot dog, and the yellow hot dog!" I'm driving now, so I'm basically half-listening as my daughter repeats the same explanation, this time with hand motions mimicking the shape of a hot dog. The third time she says this, I'm thinking in my mind, "must be some type of craft activity she did? Or was it lunch? Nah, they wouldn't feed her hot dogs for lunch...or, at the very least NOT a blue hot dog!"
Then, as I pulled up to the school... I realized what she meant.
hee hee...the mind of a little child!
Then, a few days ago, I took the girls to the park since Mitch has been working a lot lately and I didn't want to just hang out indoors on such a nice day! It's such a waste! Plus, I've pretty much had my fill of watching "Little Einsteins." You know you've seen a show one too many times, when you can repeat the dialogue verbatim...
Anyway, while there, Anna seemed interested in just hanging around the stairs...more specifically, the pole attached to the handrail on the stairs. I thought nothing of it until I realized she was twirling around it like a ... um, you know..."pole dancer." She did this nearly the entire time we were there-and stopped only to swing on the swings and slide down the slide maybe twice. Then returned right back to the stairs and twirled around again. She got pretty good, actually. Not that this is a skill I need encourage her to enhance...**oh, and don't mind the terrible quality of the picture. I forgot my camera & took these with my camera phone...which is by most standards, sub-par.


3 comments:
I love the way kids minds think, too funny!
I love that! How cute! They are clearly hot dogs! :) I just love it when you get to see things through their eyes! My little Alex has started to try and move his belly like a belly dancer...I know, I know, I have no idea where he got that from....and it is not a pretty sight. We have finally insisted that he is not allowed to try anymore! :) What do you do!? :)
That's so funny! Rebekah recently started pulling herself up and standing, which is fun, but a little scary also because she gets into everything! Well, for some reason, one of her favorite places to climb is next to/on a staning/floor lamp in our living room. I just told Ryan the other day, "look, there she goes again, trying to climb that 'pole'!" We have repeatedly taken her away from it, but she always seems to be drawn right back to it! Isn't it funny how innocent and cute they can be! If only we were all that innocent again!
Post a Comment