07 September 2008

our newest addition!

No, it's not a baby-although I love it almost as much!
For those who don't know, we have been sleeping on a futon since before we got married. Um, let me rephrase that. I used to sleep on a futon (as did Mitch) before we got married, and afterwards decided to use my futon bed as our bed. (whew, don't want to cause any confusion there! :) ) Anyway, as time passed, there seemed to be other expenses more important than a bed so we've managed to survive 5 1/2 years of marriage sleeping on futons. Don't you feel sorry for me? hee hee...I do!!
Anyway, after patiently waiting for so many years...we finally decided that with our new home & spacious master bedroom, it was time. Behold! Our new bed! (~cue angelic praises singing hallelujah~) It's not much to look at since we haven't bought a comforter yet (it's too dang hot for one now, anyway!) and it sort of blends in with the stark white walls & lack of decor...but Ohh, is it comfortable! And yes, it's only the mattress-no box springs-because we plan on hoisting it up on a platform bed one day...but it is seriously the most beautiful sleep we've had in, probably FOREVER! And, as any Mom would say...it's what's on the inside that counts! It's an Eastern King size, Vera Wang by Serta Super Plush Pillow-Top mattress with Latex foam. All natural-resists dust mites and mold, and simply beautiful. I just may stop staying up so late because I look forward to sleeping on it! :)
Just kidding...wouldn't go that far!
And the first thing Kela said upon seeing it?
"Look! We can ALL fit on it!"
Um...I don't think so!

And just for fun, while Jolee was sleeping on the couch, I contrived this little shot.

I still think it looks cute...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the bed world! And to the SUPER King-sized bed world, too! The only hard thing is finding lots of different comforter/sheets for the bed (we usually special order them)...but the size is definitely worth the trade-off! We have loved ours but it will be time to get another one by the time we leave here, for sure. We are on the floor too (for now). Since Brighton finds it fun to jump on the bed we figured it was the safest option. Happy Sleeping!

Just Like A Starr said...

Yumi!!! My Mom told me what you asked her this Sunday :( Girl, you are so silly! I'll send you a separate email so be on the lookout for it.

Nice bed!! Our first big purchase was a bed (after months of sleeping on the floor) and we went big, too. We wanted the same size as yours, but they were out so we settled for the Cal King. I'll never go back to sleeping on a small bed again :)

jenn w said...

Hello king size AND Vera Wang? Lucky! I have been bugging Rod forEVER to get a new bed. I will sing praises of hallelujah when we can finally get a king. and a comfortable one too. Im thinking memory foam. Yeah. By the way, i just saw your comment on my blog tonight! I wish you would have emailed me instead so we could do lunch! :) cute pics of jolee!

Gini said...

I can't believe that you have slept on a futon all these years! your poor back, and even pregnant, isn't that a crime! thank goodness those days are over!!

I'm back! Thanks for your comments on my now erased post. Your a sweetheart. I just freaked out and had a bad night. I'm o.k. now!