01 September 2008

happy labor day!

Today was our ward's annual Labor Day picnic at Ala Moana beach park. We were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather, as has been the case for all the previous Labor Day picnics!! Thankfully, and by some miracle, Mitch got the day off so we were able to relax and enjoy the day carefree! As Mitch had to go down super early to help set up, it was basically up to me to get all 3 kiddies fed, dressed & packed up in time to beat the traffic to town (we left our house at 8 am--early for me!)
We headed out to the beach shortly after arriving, ate lunch, and then hit the beach again right before heading home. We were seriously there ALL DAY LONG! From 8:30am-4pm. The sun was shining and the cool breeze made it the perfect beach day! It felt so good out there that I mistakingly slathered sunblock on my face...and nowhere else. My neck, back, & shoulders are suffering for it tremendously!
Anyway, like I said, the weather was perfect and what made everything even more perfect? Baby Jolee slept nearly the entire time!! We have lovely women in our ward who volunteered to keep an eye on her, but she woke up only twice to eat...and went right back down. She did, however, wake up on the road home & proceeded to cry the entire way. Grrr...timing, I tell 'ya!



Now, I was thinking of arranging the photos and displaying them in cute digi scrap pages like I've been doing, but decided against it because #1-I took WAAAAY too many pictures, and #2-I'm too dang tired! It was a long day.

3 comments:

Janee said...

Ah, I miss Ala Moana! You guys look great!

Anonymous said...

I'm still bushed! Those beach days are fun but they take alot out of you - plus, Mommies never get recovery time! I love those pictures of Anna in the air! Great shot!

Anonymous said...

We miss the beach! And it's not even Winter yet!